Monday, November 06, 2006

12% more if there's a doorman

Here's an interesting piece regarding the value of amenities in condo associations. It's a topic not written about as much as you think. I think I see something once a week regarding single-family home amenities and how they add to re-sale value but I rarely hear about condo association stuff.

Not suprisingly, first impression is listed as the key. Lobby, lobby, lobby was one statement regarding the most important association asset. Also, buildings with doormen sold for 12% more on average. Gyms or work-out facilities were popular too. A good quote from the piece was that rooftop decks/gardens are often very nice but they're empty; the gym's are always full! (I'd like to see the facade on my condo building cleaned-up a bit...first impressions are everything!)

2 Comments:

At 11:03 PM, Blogger Eric Rojas said...

Peter,

I enjoy your blog and should (will) visit more. Look forward to linking your site and posts.

Keep up the good work and expect more comments to come... I'll make sure my associates are aware of the site.

Eric

 
At 10:06 AM, Blogger Peter said...

Eric,

Thanks for the note...you've got a great blog; much better at updating! How's business?

Peter

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google