Thursday, April 20, 2006

Well users beware

I saw another private well horror story in the April 20, 2006 Chicago Suntimes. The Suntimes' Website has notoriously poorly working links so I won't post the link. But the area in question is located in unincorporated DuPage County near Carol Stream. Some 30 private wells in Wayne Township have tested positive for unsafe levels of vinyl chloride and a related chemical.

According to the story, a federal class-action lawsuit is planned alleging that the Mallard Lake landfill is the source of the problems.

I don't know the specifics of this situation, but boy have I heard about more well problems over the last year. Is there just an inherent risk with wells? I don't know the technical side of it at all. I know we usually have someone test them for clients. I enjoy my Lake Michigan water more and more everyday!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google